Tips & Tricks
MAP System Tips & Tricks
How to Create Specialized Menus
We’re often asked for a way to create your own custom menus with the MAP SYSTEM. For example, you may have a need for menu templates based on the GLYCEMIC INDEX. Or, perhaps GLUTEN-FREE or MEATLESS menus.
This functionality is NOW AVAILABLE!
The new MENU TEMPLATES – link will appear on your left navigation bar as soon as you log in. Just click on it and you’ll arrive at the MENU TEMPLATE SCREEN. (* Note: it will look almost blank until you build a CUSTOM MENU.)
This new Feature/Function will allow you to create specialized menu templates with the ability to ASSIGN them to specific clients based on such preferences as:
– Meatless Menus
– Gluten Free Menus
– Low Glycemic Menus
PLUS… Since you create them.. just like the Workout Templates, you can create Signature Menus by naming them with YOUR BRAND! Like:
- Joe’s Meatless Menu 1,750
- Pacific Health Club Gluten-Free Menu – 1,750
- Fit Studio Low-Glycmic – 1,750
Here are a couple of design features of which you should be aware:
- To create a new menu, scroll to the bottom of the page to the “Manage Menus” drop down menu and click on “Create New Menu” and click on “GO.”
- From here, you can name or title your new custom menu template.
- Create your own Custom Menu starting with “Add Food.”
- You can enter your own specific foods into your custom menu templates. However, they will be listed as “USER FOODS” with no exchange value.
- As you create your custom menu template, the caloric and ratio warnings will remain intact and display in red when the menu template is out-of-balance.
- The MAP SYSTEM will allow the creation an out-of-balance menu, however, you can NOT disable the red warnings or warnings on menu printouts.
- You may create an UNLIMITED number of custom menu templates.
- Custom Menu Templates can ONLY be assigned AFTER you’ve clicked on a client account (click on the client name). From this screen you may assign multiple menu templates.
- Video Tutorial is coming soon!